*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538153-Embrace-The-Blue
by TAofR
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1312019
Because I was born and raised on the moon
#538153 added September 28, 2007 at 1:37am
Restrictions: None
Embrace The Blue
For as long as I could remember, Red has always been my favorite color...but...two weeks ago, that changed. I suddenly was...hypnotized by the blue tint of the moon, the cold ocean.

I've always loved the moon and the ocean...but now...

Blue can mean cold and distant...but it can also mean peace, and serenity, and warmth. The ocean can be quiet, and a place of relaxation--or it can be violent, unpredictable and unforgiving.

The moon gets its light from the sun--it shadows everything. Its still there, but it hidden under a veil...everything is more interesting...more...desirable. Maybe things you didn't see in the sun, you can easily see under the moon.

Ok, here is my poaint--blue is a contradictory color to me. Its peace and violence--light and darkness. Its ME.

I can serene, and calm...but I can have pretty foul temper, and my emotions sometimes get the best of me and I end up lashing out--not really at anyone, more at myself. Sometimes, anyone can easily tell what I'm thinking, what I mean. Other times, even I don't know what I want or why I'm doing something and why.

I am a contradiction, in almost everything I do. Sometimes, its cool. Sometimes it gets me into a whole lot of trouble. I've learned to live with it.

Also...humans have a "dark" side. Now when I mean DARK I'm not saying "Everyone has an EVIL side" No...DARKNESS. Secrets we hide from the world to protect ourselves, to put on a nomal facade. Wether it be as simple as "I love watching Jerry Springer" or Fetishes, or whatever.

Part of MY darkness is the need for immortality...to BE remembered...I call this a darkness because it has the potential to lead me to the path of Pride. Being proud of your work and yourself is ok...but too much....they say Pride is the deadliest of the seven sins...

I don't want to go down that path...EVER. I don't think I will...but you never know.....

© Copyright 2007 TAofR (UN: chswriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TAofR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538153-Embrace-The-Blue