*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538560-The-Sacrifice
by twin1
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1325520
It's a magical story full of adventure friendship love and new worlds.
#538560 added September 29, 2007 at 6:59pm
Restrictions: None
The Sacrifice



Gabby raced towards the war were she watched Kraken wrestling against the sea serpents and he was slowly but surely winning that fight.
She suddenly found herself in a whirlpool of loud noise and blurred action. When finally she spotted Warrien fighting against a betrayer his smile transformed in a snarl as he viciously swung his sword. As she called to him he failed to respond and soon she became very impatient knowing Alea’s time was running out.
I don’t know what to do. How do I find Alea?

She had foolishly dropped her guard when suddenly one of the sea serpents had escaped from Krakens grip and fearfully ran in Gabby’s direction. As Kraken swatted at it Gabby was also swept away by all its fury and rage. 
She was sent once again rolling threw the water and landed out of breath as her hearing and sight flickered.
Once she caught her breath and opened her eyes she found she had been knocked up against some boulders and was glad it wasn’t sharp coral. As she looked around she noticed that the dark hooded figure was fleeing into the far of rocky caves and she hoped it was Damen.
Cautiously she followed only wishing to find Alea. No one else must have noticed him escaping in all the haze.
She swam up a ways and soon came upon a small cave opening and without hesitation dove straight into it.  Everything turned darker as the sounds of the war faded away.
But then she notices a red glow coming from the far end of another extended tunnel and the form of a feminine body appeared. With her heart pounding she hesitantly edged towards the girl. Once she reached her and her eyes adjusted she realized it was indeed Alea as she stared into her pale motionless face. Overwhelmed with happiness she pulled her towards her and noticed the Talith stone glowing around her neck and remembers the dreadful spell.
Then out of the shadows stepped Damen from behind her as with a flick of his wrest the sound of moving stone echoed from the entrance and she realized he had her trapped.
Gabby looked up at him frozen in place and after he dropped down his hood Gabby shrieked at the sight of his face.
He had a baldhead and his face had an inhumanly reptilian look to it. Not to mention his slit pupiled eyes fierce and yellow as lightning. But what made her stare the most were the scaly thorns that projected from around his firm neck.
         He had a strong solid build and as his open cloak swayed with the water she noticed his bare chest. It resembled burnt flesh with the exception of many random slits that glistened with black scales.


          “Is that your sister?” mocked his deep voice.
         “Who are you and what do you want with us, we have done nothing to you?” shrieked Gabby as she pulled Alea closer to her.
         He stepped closer and grabbed a hold of Alea’s dress.
Gabby secretly pulled her dagger from its girth and clutched it tightly at her side.
         “You have done nothing to me, but your father did and he will pay dearly with your lives.”
         Gabby whispered confused, “What has he done?”
         “There are a lot of secrets hidden in Philmar and there are definitely a lot of things you don’t know about your father and mother… When Avin reclaimed Philmar he was the perfect king. But then one night I found a secret tunnel possessed by some kind of dark magic. I was scared and strange things kept happening to me. Avin must have thought I’d try to take over the throne with the new power. But I never even wished to be king. Then while everyone was asleep he snuck into my room and stabbed me six times in the chest. Thinking he had killed me; his own little brother, he threw me into the ocean. But here I only became stronger and more and more powerful… I think I deserve revenge.”
         Gabby was bewildered and surprised at such a story.
         “No… no… my father would never, there’s no way. Besides I don’t even have an uncle.”
         “Nothing was ever said about my disappearance it was as if I never existed.”
         
         Gabby had this tight knot in her gut and she new he had to be telling the truth. She had always thought there was something hidden in her family, like here father had a deep dark secret.
         “I’m sorry for what he did but why do we have to pay for what are father did?”
         Damen smirked an evil grin, “ Because your most precious to him, he’d give his own life to save you.”
         Then from his side he pulled out a glistening sword. Pulling Alea closer towards him he raised the sword high above her chest.
         “What do you care if I kill her now… because she’ll just die anyway, within the next minutes from the spell. The sun has already begun to set. So I’d be doing you a favor.”
         Then just as he began to thrust it forward a voice shouted from the entrance as Warrien busted in with his hands held high glowing with hot with magic.
         “Your powers could never faze me,” yelled Damen insulted. “My powers are to strong for you.”
         As he was distracted for the few seconds she jabbed the dagger with all her strength and power into his chest piercing his heart.  He looked down at her with the saddest most heartbroken expression. Gabby suddenly wondered if she had done the right thing. She felt sorry for him. I’m just as bad as my father; I’ve killed my own uncle.
         Then Damen’s body began to burn with fire. Gabby could feel the overwhelming heat but then it disappeared as he turned to ashes and swiftly floated away into the ocean and he was gone forever.
         “Gabby times running out, she’ll die,” shouted Warrien as he swam towards her from the entrance and together they grabbed Alea and pulled her threw the tunnels. 
Every second felt like hours as her sisters life hung in the balance.
         Once they escaped out of the cave they looked up at the surface miles up.
Horrifyingly the sun disappeared and all went dark, as time seemed to stop. But then mystically the moon rose up out of the depths and rested gloomily in the sky. 
         Gabby looked down at Alea’s body as the glow from the Talith stone exploded from the chain in the form of gliding hands and crawled down Alea’s throat. At once her body came to life as her eyes swiftly opened. She sucked in water searching for air and hopelessly stared hopelessly and surprised at Gabby. Then she jumped out of their grip and began frantically swimming towards the surface.
         “She’ll never make it,” shouted Warrien.  Then without warning he told Gabby to get back.
         He raced to Alea wrapping his arms around her weak body and once again the Talith stone exploded with magic. But this time it was so powerful that it knocked Gabby back and everything went black.
© Copyright 2007 twin1 (UN: heathertwin1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
twin1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538560-The-Sacrifice