*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539067-Insane-with-pain
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #1325631
Qwilty's release from the mundane.
#539067 added October 2, 2007 at 3:24am
Restrictions: None
Insane with pain
When you have arthritis in all your joints you become a better weather forecaster than the meteorologist on the television. This all stems from the falling of the barometric pressure. As the barometric pressure lowers it causes swelling of the bone marrow which then pushes against the joints making them very painful. I live in the Pacific Northwest and we had an unusually dry spring and summer. But now the weather is making up for the inches of precipitation that we would normally have by this time of year and that means I am insane with pain right now. Sometimes I watch television to escape the pain and other times I play computer solitaire games. I can work on writing in my head but since it is very painful to type I don't usually find an escape into writing.

We have storm fronts chasing each other for the next four days so I will do what I can during that time to write and see if I can escape into writing. If not maybe I can put the pain to good use and write some entries for some of the darker poetry contests or writing contests I have been reading about. My hobbies go through phases but my writing has always been my sanity. A doctor once told me I was insane and I looked him squarely in the eye and said, "Then I wouldn't want to be sane in the world we live in today." That was over 30 years ago and its truer now than it was then. So now that I have found a sight where I can relate to the people on it I think I will be just fine, pain or no pain.

© Copyright 2007 Qwiltylady (UN: qwiltylady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Qwiltylady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539067-Insane-with-pain