*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539268-Intro-Dialogue-Lesson-1-Goodbye-Dear
Rated: ASR · Book · Drama · #1278621
A collection of Short Stories mainly written as Assignments.
#539268 added October 3, 2007 at 2:12am
Restrictions: None
Intro Dialogue Lesson 1 Goodbye Dear
                                                Goodbye Dear by Umer Amir
                                                ------------------------------------------

“Do you really have to go?” Alina said as her eyes got filled with tears.

“Every body has to go dear. This is one promise that life never breaks,” Ali said. He was forcing a faded jeans in already packed bag. Few shirts and under garments were still spread over the bed.

“Look how you are packing the bag. You have no intentions to come back,” Alina said. She was sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Sweet Alina, we have discussed this thousands of time. I want my beautiful wife to farewell me with her beautiful smile,” Ali smiled towards Alina.

“I hate you. I hate you,” Alina broke and hid her face in her hands. Tears rushed out like a snaking river. Alina has been promising with herself for whole week that she will not cry at Ali’s departure. But her eyes could not stop the rushing waves of tears. As she sobbed her tiny body shivered.

“O doll. Why so emotional. Please don’t make my feet week. You know how much pain tears in your eyes give to me,” Ali sat besides her and wrapped his arm around her. She rested her head on his shoulder. “You know if God wants us to be together he will protect us. If he does not then we cannot be together even we sleep on same bed”

“I know. I know. I am sorry,” she rubbed her face with both hands. Her eye liner spread and made a dark line across her upper face. “It hurts a lot Ali. Leave it. You finish your packing.”

“That’s like my Alina,” Ali patted her on head and came back to his over-stuffed bag.

“Will you write to me,” Alina broke the few minutes’ silence.

“Of course, but the postman would be stars dear,” Ali giggled as he wrestled with his bag.

“Why? Why can’t you send a letter?”

“Don’t be a child Alina. Don’t you know after the occupation, every system in our country has crumbled? We have been pushed into dark ages. I wish we really had weapons of mass destruction. At least we could justify these atrocities.” Ali punched repeatedly in bag to make space.

“May God burn them in hell. Why are they destroying our beautiful country?”

“God knows well what their intentions are. But one thing is for sure. They are not good. Leave them. Tell me what is for dinner?” Ali said as he finally zipped the bag after a considerable effort. He sat besides the bag and patted it with his left hand. A big smile was dancing on his lips as if he has achieved a great victory. Sometimes Ali acted like a teenager.

“Roasted Lamb and Salad”

“Wahhh you are the king darling. Sometimes I wish I could turn you in a tiny being and carry you in my pocket,” Ali giggled as he played with Alina’s hairs.

“Very funny. You would not take me with you even then. Go wash your hands. I am bringing the dinner,” Alina said and walked out of room.          

                                                                                                      3-10-07 Islu
© Copyright 2007 DrEaMer (UN: umer-amir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DrEaMer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539268-Intro-Dialogue-Lesson-1-Goodbye-Dear