*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539927-Hola-From-Sant-Tomas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#539927 added October 6, 2007 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Hola From Sant Tomas
We finally made it to Menorca on Wednesday after a full twelve hours in the company of Murphy, but I haven´t enough time or Euros to relay all that at the moment. I´ll save that for a Scintillating Scarlett Spectacular on return; I know how much you´ll look forward to it.

The island is still as beautiful and unspoiled as last time we visited, even if our time here has been curtailed. I gather England is enjoying some pleasant weather, as is usually the case when I leave the country.

The mornings here are generally cloudy with showers. But waking to the sound of gentle breezes whispering in palm trees, birdsong and waves lapping on the shore makes it much easier to get up than the building site noise and traffic of home.

My only complaint is the floor to ceiling wardrobe mirror at the side of the bed. (no kinky comments thank you *Pthb* ) Not my first choice of décor but I avoid looking in it when I first get up – it wouldn´t be fair on the mirror.

The afternoons have been pleasantly warm enabling me to venture into the pool. Once I´ve broken the icicles off my nose and stopped shivering long enough to swim it´s fine, with the added advantage I get it all to myself for some reason.

Evenings are a little quiet but my friend Big Pam and hubby have arrived nearby today so that could be about to change and my ears are preparing for a bashing. The entertainment is pretty good, but far from as entertaining as chatting to Nada and reading evening blogs.

There´d better be some good stuff to catch up on when/if I get back. Aren´t these foreign keyboards annoying? Nothing is where it´s supposed to be - rather like the inside of my head I suspect. Hope you´re all doing fine.

© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539927-Hola-From-Sant-Tomas