*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539273-Deja-Vu
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#539273 added October 3, 2007 at 4:11am
Restrictions: None
Deja Vu
Here we go again then. It seems there are two vacant seats on the Wednesday plane to Menorca, but I’ll believe it when I actually get to sit in one. That is if hubby actually manages to find the airport car park this time. I shall insist we set out with at least five hours to spare. Rather sit in an airport lounge for ages, than repeat the stress of Monday.

So, we’ll have to pay for an extra flight and our holiday will now be just under five days. I wonder if it’s worth bothering, particularly as the weather forecast for Menorca is now showing rain and storms for the weekend. Still, we haven’t got there yet, so I won’t tempt fate.

I’ve reduced the contents of my case as I’ll need less – maybe I’ll win the Lottery while I’m away and be able to fill it up with expensive items to bring back. If I come back that is; the temptation to do a Shirley Valentine might overwhelm me, even if it’s not a Greek island. That is providing we get there of course; I’m reaching the point where nothing would surprise me, although possibly a bit of good news might come as a huge shock.

I’ve also reduced the amount of reading material in my bag. Not exactly going to get through a pile of novels in a few days and this time I won’t be doing any reading on the journey to the airport. I will however be following my own personal print out of the route and yelling right, left and straight on at every available opportunity. I guess that means I’ll have to start speaking to him again. *Laugh*

Okay – I should be in Menorca by tonight, so keep everything crossed there are no more disasters and I’ll check in and let you know how things are going. If we get there that is – oh, me of little faith.



© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539273-Deja-Vu