*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542191-CHAPTER-TWO-Elsa
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1333882
A cinderella story with a twist.
#542191 added October 18, 2007 at 7:58pm
Restrictions: None
CHAPTER TWO: Elsa
I finally am going to a ball. It took a while, but I finally weaseled my way into Cynthia's heart and now I'm in. Oh, that sounds so awful, but it is too true. She never would have invited me if I hadn't sounded so petulant about being left behind. She really isn't all that inteligent. She can't see that she is so many thousand times prettier than I am, but no one sees her that way because she can't see herself that way.

She'll be so easy to replace. No one will remember her once they meet sweet, vivacious, wonderful me! Small, petite, golden haired, blue eyes, high girlish voice and utterly addicted to chocolate. Simple, but true. Never gains a pound. In love with everyone and everything, and hopefully going to be princess before the seasons over. Oh, they all said that Cynthia would be, but who better than I to replace her? She'll never even know that she was in the running.

Sometimes low self-esteem just ruins it for you. Good thing I'll never have that problem.

Oh, the ball! I cannot wait to make my mark on history. Good bye until tomorrow little journal. I don't have any more time tonight.

I get to wear diamonds!

~~~~~~

The ball was just amazing. I cannot believe that it took so long for me to get an invitation.

I just love Cynthia right now, and I need to remember to turn on the little sister charm this evening so that I still can continue to go to the ball. There are three of them! She promised me that i would be able to go to all of them because I met someone that I like. She doesn't know who, though, and guess what! It is the prince! His name is Pryce, and he is the second son of the king and queen. It was a tragedy when his older brother Charles was killed in a hunting accident. Pryce knows something about it too. He is almost exactly like me, usurping anothers position, only he has a legitimate excuse, so i guess it is not usurption.

I'll tell all about last night, I promise. But let me finish. My plans are, well, I won't write them down inless I am caught. Not likely, of couse, the entire population here is dimwitted.

Anyway, last night I dressed in the gorgeous dress with a diamond necklace and was paraded onto the palace floor like a princess. (Not that I deserve any less). After that, I danced with Pryce three times, and we just clicked, I know that he will have no problem whatsoever with the fact that I am a natural born servant girl. My mother may have been a dutchess, but, well... anyway.

We danced so many times that my feet began to hurt. My mask chafed at my face as well, and I ached to take it off, but that would defeat the purpose of a masquerade ball.

Well, that is the beginning and end of the night!

~~~~~

I wore blue tonight, and again we danced. Pryce is totally in love with me now, I just know it. He still cannot see my face, because I still am wearing the mask. I am not sure if he knows that I am going to use him, but he is kind of suspicious. He has to chose a wife tomorrow night, and I am positive that I am the one. He doesn't really care for rules, I can tell, but he wants the crown.

And so do I.

~~~~~

Tonight was an utter disaster.

I went to the ball in a silver dress that was big and glittery, I stood out for a mile. My slippers were the best part, though, glass with embedded pearls and diamonds. I took quite a lot to get Cynthia to let me borrow them. Pryce danced with me again and again, but nearing midnight, Madame grew ill and Cynthia made me come home. Pryce had been fetching me a glass of punch, and I will never see him again. I never took my mask off, so he has no clue who I am.

And I lost one of Cynthia's slippers.
© Copyright 2007 MariposaPen (UN: mariposapen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MariposaPen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542191-CHAPTER-TWO-Elsa