*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542534-Writers-Toolbox-II-Lesson-3
by IdaLin
Rated: ASR · Book · Educational · #1322799
This is a home for my lessons for the A-1 Academy.
#542534 added December 2, 2007 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
Writer's Toolbox II Lesson 3
259 words

Amalie sat huddled in the green chair in the living room biting her lip and listening. In the movie she had been watching, wolf-like creatures were stealing children left alone in their homes. He mom and dad had gone out to dinner and left her by herself for a few hours. She was fourteen and was responsible enough to be on her own for a short while.

Again she heard the scratching sound that had made her mute the TV and sit up straight listening, straining her ears for the sound to come again. Her heart beat was hard and fast in her chest. Her eyes were large circles. She hugged her knees tighter to her chest, the tension she felt making her hunch her shoulders and peer out toward the black windows. The only thing she could see was the light from across the street and then shadows passing through it. She gasped. covering her face with her hands.

There was something out there. Oh, why did her parents go and leave her by herself? Why did she watch that scary movie? Another scratch, she drew a sharp intake of breath and held it waiting, knowing it was coming for her. The door opened, and she screamed.

"Amalie! Why did you leave Jasper outside, couldn't you hear him scratching to come in? What are you screaming about anyway?" her mom said as she came into the room, and shook her head at her wide-eyed daughter curled up in the chair. "You were watching scary movies again, weren't you?"

REVISED for GENESIS III: Lesson 5

Amalie huddled in on herself in the green chair biting her lip and listening. She was watching a movie where wolf-like creatures were stealing children who were alone in their homes. Her mom and dad had gone to dinner and left her home by herself for a few hours. At fourteen, she seemed responsible enough to stay on her own for a short while.

Again she heard the scratching sound that caused her to mute the TV and sit up straight listening, straining her ears for the sound to come again. Her heart beat hard and fast in her chest. Her eyes widened to large circles. She hugged her knees tighter to her chest and hunched her shoulders as she peered out through the black windows. All she could see was the reflection of the street lamp on the pavement. Suddenly she saw large shadows passing through the hazy light in the street. She gasped. covering her face with her hands.

Something was out there. Oh, why did her parents go and leave her by herself? Why did she watch that scary movie? Another scratch, then she heard a high-pitched whine. She took a sharp breath in as if to scream and held it, waiting, knowing it was coming for her. The door opened, and she screamed.

"Amalie! Why did you leave Jasper outside, couldn't you hear him scratching to come in? What are you screaming about anyway?" her mom said as she came into the room, and shook her head and rolled her eyes as she first looked at the silent television and then at her wide-eyed daughter curled up in the chair. "You were watching scary movies again, weren't you?"

IdaLin
** Image ID #1250565 Unavailable **
218143218143
© Copyright 2007 IdaLin (UN: conniefs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IdaLin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542534-Writers-Toolbox-II-Lesson-3