*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542598-Newsletter-Merit-Badge
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#542598 added October 18, 2007 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
Newsletter Merit Badge
I know it can be hard work putting together a newsletter for Writing.com. Heck, I'm a permament editor for the Drama Newsletter and I've guest stints in the Short Story/Action & Adventure newsletters. Coming up with interesting topics, doing the research, and selecting editor's picks can be time consuming. I find I usually have to start work on a newsletter about two weeks out. I select my topic, research it, write it up, and after I edit it, I have my proofreader at work edit it to. Then I try to select picks that are revelant to my topic.

Knowing all this is involved, I try to give out a Newsletter Merit Badge every week to that editor who did an outstanding job. This week I have my merit badge out to Vivian who did a great job on the Short Stories newsletter this week. Her topic was critiquing stories and she made a lot of points that I try to hit on in my review as these are points that editors and agents that writers query look for in the sample of the writing.

Write on, Viv!
Steph

© Copyright 2007 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542598-Newsletter-Merit-Badge