*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543671
by Ahylia
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1337154
Story I have started writing...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#543671 added October 23, 2007 at 6:04am
Restrictions: None
Prologue
On a summer’s night, just as the sun was setting, just as the last burst of light hit the world a man arrived from somewhere distant and unknown. His name was unheard of and his face was unseen but tales of what he had done when he traveled here once before lived on in the old people’s nightmares. Once before he had tried to conquer the world, many people fought for their freedom and many people died. The war was almost won by his armies but just as unexpectedly as they appeared, they all disappeared. Without a trace they were gone, no one knew what had happened and no one would ever find out. Most people believed that he was still out there somewhere, waiting for another chance on the world but eventually after 14 years the paranoia was gone and all that was left of his impact on the world was tales of a villain in an old comic book and the memories which some had but almost forgotten.

Without a sound, without a whisper, the war has begun to form again. Once again suitable warriors will need to be found before he is able to finish his armies. Armies built to take the world from our grasp. I am the one who will find the warriors that we need, because it is my duty. People call me the protector. Some call me an angel. I am neither. I am nothing more than another mystery to be uncovered and solved. Until then you will all know me as Grace. I have power, magic as some prefer to call it and I can do a variety of things with it. These powers can never inflict upon someone’s free will, so I am not the answer to the world’s problems. All I can do is push the answers in the right direction. The world needs a little more magic and I know where to get it from.

Four minors born on the 21st of June almost 16 years ago were all orphaned after the war. They all lived in different places and none of them knew that each other existed. None of them knew that they were related. I have kept my eyes on each of these children, watching them grow and learn. There were many secrets of that they did not know, secrets about their very lives. Each of the four was blessed with a gift, a gift of the four elements; Earth, Fire, Water and Air. These were our saviors, our warriors. The answers I was looking for. But will they be ready in time to save this world?
© Copyright 2007 Ahylia (UN: cassie-andra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ahylia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543671