*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543684
by Ahylia
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1337154
Story I have started writing...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#543684 added October 23, 2007 at 7:33pm
Restrictions: None
Midnight
The night was dark, illuminated only from the silver light from the moon. The glow cast shadows over the roof. Sitting with her feet dangling over the edge, a young girl sat deep in thought. She was a fair young lady and as she sat there the moonlight flowed over her perfect skin.

As she sat there looking out at the stars she couldn’t help think that there was something missing, that there was more to her life then what she was living at the moment. Her name was Catriona and she had a problem. Her life was perfect. She had a perfect home life, parents with money and the trust to let her do what ever she wanted.

Catriona was the most popular girl at school and one of the most beautiful. She could have any guy she wanted and everyone was her friend. For some reason however her life could not be happy and most nights she would escape. The only time when she felt alive and free she would walk along the streets and climb this very building to sit and admire the moon. To sit and think.

It had been almost eight years since she found out that she was adopted, but before that she had always kind of known. Her sister fitted this perfect life and no matter how hard Cat tried, she just could not. It made her wonder as all orphans did. What had her real parents been like? Why did they leave her? Of course they would have had good reasons, but she wanted to know. Wanted to know it wasn’t because she was unwanted.

As thoughts about her parents and her perfect sister flew through her mind she tossed two strange stones in her hands. They were not ordinary stones, these were gemstones. She has had a great attraction to them ever since she was little. The gemstones that past between her hands were two of her favourites, clear quarts and jasper. She tossed them into the air as she thought and then suddenly it felt like everything stopped.

“Don’t be afraid, I won’t hurt you. Please just listen,” a voice as sweet as the moon itself spoke.

‘Oh s***!’

As Cat struggled to regain her balance on her ledge that sweet voice spoke again.

“On your 16th birthday you will be faced with a choice, one decision that could lead you to doing something extraordinary with your life, but if not you could just choose the path you walk on now. It is your choice but please choose carefully not only your fate lies in this decision.”

There was silence once again. ‘Hearing voices is never a good sign’ said Cat to no one in particular, ‘maybe I have been thinking for too long.’

Catriona thought to herself over and over again the same questions, what were the meanings of those words? Which decision was this person talking about? Was it a good or bad choice? Who is this person? How do they know me? So many questions circled her brain but no answers came to her mind. She needed answers and she wanted them soon.

In the dark she sat, confused and intrigued. Waiting for something to shed some light on the matter, but nothing came and she could not wait any longer. The coming of the sun was near and she did loathe the bright light.
© Copyright 2007 Ahylia (UN: cassie-andra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ahylia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543684