*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
13
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543758-Yet-Another-Novel-Attempt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(117)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#543758 added January 17, 2014 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Yet Another Novel Attempt
I started yet another novel and posted today, about the seventh I've put up since joining. This was written several months ago and was lying about and decided to tidy up and post just to see if I get any reaction.

I haven't developed the plot or characters. It's borne out of my personal experiences trying to rehabilitate myself through exercise and realizing the many avenues to my past opening up. Basically, it's about how difficult it is to understand your body; what's wrong with you, as you meander through life searching for meaning.

I want to delve into family secrets, a past that comes into light when the adult actually illuminates the dark areas of the mind. I could go into areas I'm not familiar with like abuse and more...just not sure how to develop the main character. But, he will be flawed like me. Hopefully, the process will allow me to illuminate the dark regions of my own life and to write some meaning into it.

What I take out of the equation is my struggles with glaucoma and blindness. What I leave in will be troubles with sleep apnea, self-esteem and self-worth, depression and the aforementioned health issues. I lived a charmed life for some time, but think I managed to ruin it for myself thinking I didn't deserve the things that came my way. I want to show a character who failed himself because of the conditioning of the child in the past. Essentially, breaking this cycle.

So far, what I've written was just an epiphany after jogging through a park near my home. I started to think clearly and all these thoughts started pouring out of me, so when I came home I grabbed all the paper I could find in my truck and wrote until I exhausted every thought I had from jogging that trail.

I did not make the item rateable, because it is so raw. Hope that does not discourage anyone from reading and sending feedback.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1337328 by Not Available.

© Copyright 2014 Brian K Cognitive Dissonance (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Cognitive Dissonance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543758-Yet-Another-Novel-Attempt