*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543759-Win-Win-Win
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#543759 added October 23, 2007 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
Win, Win, Win!
When I worked in home parties, I was able to represent the company that I did because I was proud of it. To me, the whole process was a win/win/win situation.

The customer received excellent merchandise at decent prices. In fact, often times the prices were less than what they would pay for the same merchandise in stores. Not all home party plans were like that. Certainly not all (or any?) MLM companies were like that. Most charged more than store prices so that everyone could get huge commissions.

I'll speak to commissions in a minute. Meanwhile continuing the win/win/win thing...

The hostess who had a party in her home was guaranteed $50 in free merchandise just for having the party. She could choose what she wanted. There really didn't have to any sales to get the free merchandise, although if there was less than $100 sold, the hostess did pay for shipping and handling. If the sales were over $100 (and our region's average was $350), then the hostess paid nothing.

So far, you have a customer who is receiving decent merchandise at decent prices. She is spending time in the home of a friend, having fun, playing games. The hostess had to open her home and serve simple refreshments and she received a minimum of $50 in merchandise for her trouble. Most received $100-200 in merchandise.

The demonstrators in our company paid nothing for their sales kits. They received $300 in samples which they "borrowed" until they sold $1500. If they never sold that much, they could either buy the kits for 50% or send them back. (The company paid the shipping.) They lost nothing for trying. The average demonstrator in my region sold about $4200, so returning or buying the kit was not usually a problem.

Demonstrators received 17% of their first $1500 in sales and 20% after that.

Sales Supervisors received those same amounts for their own personal sales, plus 4%, 5% or 6% of the sales of the demonstrators they recruited, depending on the amount the entire group sold (including the supervisor). Most supervisors were receiving 6% in my region. Supervisors worked for that commission override. They had to train their recruits, hold meetings, send out newsletters. But it was worth it. In my first year as a supervisor, I earned $8500 working part time for 6 months.

District managers received 2% of their district sales; regional managers received 1/2% of their region's sales and regional directors (which I was when I quit) received 1/4% of their super-regions.

You see? Everyone benefited in this situation. You didn't have to be a pushy sales person either. My son's dad (who also used to work for the company...as did my son at age 8...my son really did do home parties - for his teacher, his Sunday school teacher, for my mom...) used to tell people that, "Any dog with a note in his mouth could sell this stuff." Maybe it wasn't quite that easy, but it was easy. I used to wear a button everywhere I went that said, "$50 free, ask me." And they did.

So why am I writing about this now?

Well...I have found an internet opportunity that I think has that same win/win/win situation. I found it just today. Actually my son found it and signed up and I'm his first recruit.

Here's the link: http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/66844

It's free to sign up. If you just want to be a shopper and get lots of great discounts, then sign up on the shopper side (right side of the page). But if you want to help others get their own shopping mall, then sign up on the business side (left side).

Watch the video. It's long - maybe as much as 20 minutes. But it has some great information.

They use $150 as a target of what you might spend each month, and that might sound high. But they do have Target.com, Kmart.com, Barnes & Noble, and other web sites where you might already be spending money.

My son and I are looking at this much more conservatively than the web site shows. We're thinking that if we sign up only 3 people and they do the same and so on, and each one only spends $20 a month on the things offered by the shopping mall (which at this point is about 1400 stores!!!), then we're talking about $400 a month in income. That's easier to swallow than the thousands and thousands mentioned.

This is still a brand new opportunity. From what we've learned, this has been 5 years in the making (I like that - preparation!) and has only been offered for the past 5 months. That's still new.

When I started with the home party plan mentioned above, it was that new. No one knew about it. And within a very short time, there were thousands of sales reps all over the country. I think at the end of my reign there were about 700 people in my region. And throughout the country, as many as 60,000 sales reps.

http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/66844 has that kind of opportunity, I think. Check it out and let me know what YOU think.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543759-Win-Win-Win