*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543849-A-Work-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#543849 added October 23, 2007 at 10:08pm
Restrictions: None
A Work Day
What started out as leaf raking day turned into an all day yard cleaning! Boy, did we work hard or what? We have six Maple trees in our front yard. We haven't even counted all of them in the back yard. They are dropping some of the biggest leaves I have ever seen!

I swear one out on the back deck had to have been 15 inches across! Those are just the Maples. There are the Birch trees out there dropping all of their leaves too!

We had a system going that worked pretty good. We both raked leaves and dumped them on a big blue tarp. Then Ron would tie it up when it was full and haul it behind the riding lawn mower to a spot behind the garage for dumping. Now that worked just fine ....until got tired of raking.

Then I shifted my attention to the rose bed out front. I trimmed back rosebushes and cleaned out the whole bed. Then hauled my mess over to the tarp and dumped it.

I couldn't stop there tho. I had my motor running. I began trimming and cleaning out the whole area of foliage that runs along the length of the front deck. There are a few huge messy ferns in there mixed with the Rhodie and some other shrubs that needed my attention. By the time I worked my way down to the Azalea's and the Honeysuckle the sweat was pouring off of my forehead.

Time to quit and rest. So I finally gave it up. Came inside and started a pork chop and dressing dinner. See, I know that when Ron finished up out there after a full days work...he was gonna need something that stuck to his ribs!

Pork chop gravy would do the trick. Umm hummm.


Halloween Sig


© Copyright 2007 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543849-A-Work-Day