*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544615-Its-that-time-of-year-again
Rated: E · Book · Opinion · #1310876
A Blog by an Author, for Authors about the Writing and Publishing fields.
#544615 added October 26, 2007 at 8:00am
Restrictions: None
It's that time of year again...
         It's almost that time of year again, Holloween decorations are up in the stores and on lawns, candy is vanishing in droves, and everyone is starting to talk about Thanksgiving plans, and Christmas gifts...yet there is something else, also mighty big these days, that is about to happen. Something that dosn't get mentioned in the malls, and unfortunately in my opinion, you don't see many ads about it on TV, or hear them on the radio. That's right, it's almost time for NaNoWriMo again!! http://www.nanowrimo.org
 
         I have talke about NaNo before, yet as the first day of this wonderful, crazy, inspiring, and maddening event is one week from yesterday! That's right, only six days left to prepare for NaNoWriMo, and as of yet, I don't know what I am going to write about. O.O
 
         Oh, I've batted a couple of ideas about, but they seem too 'seedish' still, and arn't taking root in my imagination the way they need to yet. So now I have begun the process of sifting through my old notes, bits of unfinished this, parts of abandoned that, seeking for an idea that will spark my imagination, take root, and blossom into that 50k word monster that I am going to walk down the road with this November. Maybe it's time to take some of my own 'brain clearing' advise and dust out some cobwebs. God knows there are a bunch of them up there. :)
 
         But more seriously, if you ahve done NaNoWriMo before, then you already know the good that this group does, not only in giving a creative outlet for many, but also by building libraries, and reading centers, all through the donations they receive. It is, in a big way, writers reaching out to help readers, young readers that are in poorer areas of the world like southeast Asia, where they have built multiple libraries for the benefit of the younger generations there, helping to give them the all important gift of reading.
 
         So, if you are a writer at heart, or thinking of taking up the trade, even as a hobby, I highly suggest participating in NaNoWriMo. There are so many wonderful, inspiring people to meet on the forums, or at local meetups that are held during November for NaNo participants. And even if you don't, why not pop over to http://www.nanowrimo.org and give a donation, remember, it dosn't have to big to do some good, even a couple of dollars goes a long way when put with everyone elses couple of dollars.
 
 
Until next time, Happy Writing!
 
RD Williams
http://www.authorsden.com/robertdwilliams1

© Copyright 2007 RDWilliams (UN: rdwilliams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RDWilliams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544615-Its-that-time-of-year-again