*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544657-Impossible-Dreams
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#544657 added October 26, 2007 at 12:51pm
Restrictions: None
Impossible Dreams
I have to be honest and admit 2007 will not go down in my estimation as one of the best of my life. Quite the opposite in fact and with two months still to go and a lot of worrying and anxious dates ahead, I can't say as I anticipate much improvement. Still, as always, I hope to get by with regular injections of wines/whines and a little help from my friends.

Then there's the unexpected of course. Experience has taught me not to be too optimistic about the future, but it sure would make a pleasant surprise should I hear some good news for a change. Still, you know me - never one to complain *Wink* and I really should practice what I preach and take one day at a time.

So, what of today? It's another of those grey, nothing days weatherwise and so far I've brandished the bog brush at home and mopped the kitchen floor at La La Land. I've also washed pots, hung out laundry, fetched yet more library books mother will claim are unreadable and stood in queue for a year at our local snail supermarket to get her some scones. My life is nothing if not glamorous.

I'd also be lying if I claimed this weird and wonderful bug I'm sharing my days with has disappeared. Yesterday I went shopping with my friend Joy, but by evening realised it was a mistake. My early night was a bit of a disaster too; couldn't get to sleep despite feeling exhausted, dozed, woke up in a lather, dozed, woke up coughing, dozed, woke up in a panic.

Maybe the dreams were due to temperature or just the result of lack of mental activity. I'm sure my body would rest far better without my brain inside it. There should be an option to unzip the head and remove the brain for the night - leave it on the bedside table or put it out with the cat. But no, I had to spend the night taking part in one of those Australian outback challenges. Swam the full length of a river full of crocodiles, hiked to the top of a mountain, skateboarded through muddy terrain but then refused to eat the plates of worms and grubs offered up at the eating contest. I guess I didn't win then.

As if that wasn't enough I then spent the rest of the night giving birth to quins. No one was the slightest bit concerned and I was left to wash, dress and rock them all to sleep while the family all went about their business. Typical. *Rolleyes*

Anyway, I believe sometimes nature has her own way of helping us through these buggy things and maybe my restless, feverish night might be a help in fighting it off. Hubby on the other hand thinks I should go back to the docs. That's all very well, but who's gonna babysit the quins?

© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544657-Impossible-Dreams