*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/545306
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #1151935
My thoughts, emotions, frustrations. In short, my life such as it is.
#545306 added October 29, 2007 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Inevitable Depression

I expected a period of depression after Daddy's death and sure enough, it came. I simply don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I have no energy and my appetite sucks. It's hard sometimes to believe he is gone. I find myself wanting to call him to see how he is feeling or to tell him something. When I go in his house, my eyes go directly to the recliner where he spent most of his last days. So many things remind me of him. Some people think it should be easier to bear his loss since I have been through it before. Not true. It's just as hard, maybe even harder, with each loss.

My aunt, Daddy's sister, called last night to see how I was. It was good to talk to her. Daddy was her favorite brother and she took his death hard. She was also a great support for me. I promised her we wouldn't lose touch because Daddy was gone.

I hope this awful emptiness goes away soon. I feel like I have a hole in my heart that will never heal. I miss him so much! My Daddy was my hero.





© Copyright 2007 Wystful (UN: bookishfilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wystful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/545306