*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/545361
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1300707
No horn, not white, no one would believe she was half unicorn...
#545361 added February 22, 2009 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
Only children
Justin watched Tobius go before turning to his cousins," are you going to explain how you managed that trick to me?"
Toby stroked Ali's mane, "No trick, Ali told me that I could ride her, and I can."
Justin smirked, "What else did she tell you?""
Ali shook herself and stepped away from Justin,"I don't think she likes you," Erica offered.
Justin rubbed the stubble on his chin, "maybe so, though I can't say I've ever met a horse with an opinion before."
"Well then you can't have met very many horses," Ali proclaimed and she trotted around to the other side of the corral.
"No point to that, Ali, I don't think Justin understands."
Ali smiled up at  the boy, " Apparently your intelligence does not extend to the rest of your family." Erica started laughing.
Justin threw his hands up, "Never mind, you  two are obviously too lost in your own world to realize that there are things to be done around here, and that none of them requires and over active imagination." With that Justin hopped the fence and walked away.
Ali blew at him, "Lost in our own world are we, I'd say  he is the one lost."
Toby sighed, "I have to go do my chores now, you too, Eri."
Ali knelt so the children could get off.
"Don't worry, Ali," Erica gave her neck a squeeze, "We'll come back soon." Ali managed a smile as the young ones walked off. She couldn't help but wonder why they could understand her and yet the mature ones could not.
Toby had to muck the stables and clean out the chicken cop, Erica only had to weed the herb garden. When Toby was done it was time for supper. Kala sent him to call Erica. Toby figured he knew where to look. As he had suspected Erica was with Ali. Ali was telling Erica some of the stories that her mother had told her.
"Eri, time for supper." Erica reluctantly nodded and skipped off toward the house. Toby turned back to Ali, "That sounded like a good story."
Ali barely managed to keep herself from laughing,"It's been so long since I've heard it that I've forgotten most of how it goes."
Toby pointed out that it sounded rather good to him.
"Well, I've been embellishing on the parts I don't remember, now I'm pretty sure that it doesn't match the original at all."
Toby laughed and went up to the house.
Ali got up and walked to the far side of the pen, "Only the children understand me, only the children."
© Copyright 2009 Ey Stargazer (UN: unicorn_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ey Stargazer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/545361