*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546305-no-excuses-just-resolutions
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#546305 added November 2, 2007 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
no excuses, just resolutions
I wish I had a good excuse why I not only didn't get back to finish a blog on Halloween, but also missed day one of the month of November. Sigh.

Sometimes, when I'm running late for work, I think of all sorts of reasons why it's happened again. The phone rang. I spilled juice all down my shirt and had to go change. I had to stop for gas before I left town because I knew I'd be heading up north later in the day. I forgot my wallet, notebook, gym bag, cell phone, shoes. I left the dog inside, and had to go back to let him out. Not very creative, are they? But all are plausible. I have to scold myself as they come so easily to mind that actually making use of any of them would, plausible or not, be lying.

Actually, last night Bill and I got busy looking up cruises and forgot the time. Ho-hum.

This weekend I promise to get his outgrown, too large clothes out of the closet, washed, dried, and packed away in a suitcase to give to Goodwill.

I also promise to get the summer clothes I took out of my drawers put away, separating out the things I might want to take on a cruise.

I'd like to promise that we'll start painting the living room, but it probably wouldn't happen and I'd have to make excuses.

Congratulations to all of you courageous Nano-ers. I'll be thinking about you. Does the fact that so many of you will be preoccupied with nano give the rest of the bloggers an added responsibility to keep our pages going?

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/546305-no-excuses-just-resolutions