*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549077-111407
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#549077 added November 14, 2007 at 7:53am
Restrictions: None
11/14/07
Hello all! I'm glad that I finally have a chance to blog again. The project I was absorbed with at work is finally over and I can focus on my regular duties now. it's a good thing it ended when it did since Joseph has taken sick.

I picked him up from his dad's on Sunday pm, and he had all the symptoms of a head cold. I made the decision to keep him home from school on Monday. Yesterday am, he woke up with fever, so I had to keep him home again. I figured since he was going to be out of school for 2 days in a row, I'd better get him to the pediatrician. Good thing I did, because they diagnosed him with strep throat. So we're home again today and tomorrow is a huge MAYBE at this point.

They've got him on Cefzil antibiotic and an over the counter decongestant called Muscinex DM. it's a pill form which is cool because he won't take liquid stuff because it tastes bad.

This extra time at home has been a blessing because I've been neglecting a few things around the house. I got those done Monday and spent the rest of the day baking. I love to bake. Yesterday, I went to Joe's school to try to get some homework for him, then I washed the top layer of limerock dust off my car and, since I was home, I put up the Christmas tree because the lights make Joe happy.

My dear friend B had surgery yesterday, and I really felt bad that I couldn't be there with her like I promised her I would. I just didn't want to leave Joe, and didn't want to run the risk of taking this strep to her. She'd have kicked my ass 8 ways from sunday if I had!!! I love her so much. She is just like me in that she's a mom before she's an employee or a friend. If the situation was reversed, I would have expected her to stay with her son too. I just felt bad because she has been so good to me through so many of my surgeries and I wanted to do the same for her. Maybe this weekend I'll get to go see her.

Today, I plan on getting the rest of my ironing caught up and I may go outside and fiddle with the lights on the porch if I can borrow my neighborlady's ladder. I also need to go get Joe's science book from school and hopefully his reading teacher will have some worksheets for Joe to do as well. Poor kid has little energy, but is bored out of his mind.

It's gonna take a few days for him to get caught up at school. He's missed a math and a science test this week. His teachers are very fond of Joe and will work with him as much as they can. I'm so thankful for that!

Well, that's about it from my neck of the woods. I hope everyone who reads this is happy and healthy.

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549077-111407