*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549877-Trying-not-to-panic
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#549877 added November 17, 2007 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
Trying not to panic
Okay, so I've got two of my old professors from JMU, one former boss and one current boss to agree to write me references for school. Next up I'll contact the "advisor" for the CADD certification program at the community college to plan some course of action there. It would be nice to have the certification and refresher calculus and physics courses taken by fall of 2008, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. I'll need to decide how much it will improve my chances of getting a student assistantship, complete with tuition coverage and living stipend. It would probably be worth it to defer enrollment for a year if it meant being more competitive (and generally more prepared). Of course, I haven't even sent out the applications so this might all be moot.

The coffee shop manager said he'd cover my shift if Whole Foods scheduled me so that I couldn't work it. Hopefully, I'd be able to work hours elsewhere to make up for the lost income. Dr. S. also okayed me working "flex hours" at the lab so I can start accumulating the WF hours needed to get the their insurance while keeping my nice university salary and benefits until the end of the year. That will be two full time jobs and one part time job at once...during the HELLidays...cant' wait. Of course, I still don't have the final word from WFso this might all be moot.

I have got to curb my spending. Not that I'm a spendthrift, but I do spend more than I should on eating out. This was okay when I thought my current job would at least last until the middle of 2008, but not now. Trying to curb spending during the holidays is tough. It's hard to Christmas shop when you're not sure of your budget. They'll be no more Springsteen concerts for a while. I still haven't paid for the last one I went to.

I never really considered myself a planner, but all this uncertainty SUCKS.

© Copyright 2007 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549877-Trying-not-to-panic