*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549996-Tranquil-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#549996 added November 18, 2007 at 3:04pm
Restrictions: None
Tranquil Sunday
2:00 pm and I'm still sitting around in my pajamas. My husband and I did a "Show and Throw" today. He pulls items out of my closets and I decide what gets given away.

I like going to thrift shops, garage sales, and haunt the 75% clearance racks at the stores. My weight fluctuates up and down, more up than down, so I have lots of stuff and not enough space to keep it all...so periodically things need to be sorted. David is much better than I...his weight is stable, and he's very frugal. We are such a counterpoint to each other. Somehow it works.

In this holiday period of rampant buying and spending I did convince our office to have a "RE-Gifting" event for Christmas, as a Christmas swap....so that's one minor pressure out of the way. David and I have chosen not to do presents for our birthdays and Christmas....we have so much more than we need....so we choose to splurge on concert tickets, or this year, perhaps a Bose radio.

I still buy for the grandkids and send edible goodies to out-of-state relatives and friends. I'm thinking gift certificates to restaurants, movies for the others left.

My blog is quickly coming up to 1,000 views! I am so amazed that anyone finds interest in this infrequent ramble about my life.

To all my blessed readers....have a joyous Thanksgiving!

 The World's Need  (E)
hope is the thing with feathers, a trois-par-huit
#1349532 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549996-Tranquil-Sunday