*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551390-Rons-Mother-and-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#551390 added November 24, 2007 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
Ron's Mother and me
Thanksgiving was great! We had a lovely dinner spread. Turkey with all the trimmings and yummy pumpkin pie.There were six of us. Mom, Ron's sister Patricia, his sister Ann and her husband Richard. We all stuffed ourselves of course.

Then we played Texas Hold Em Poker till we were all too tired to continue. Ron's Mom just loved the poker game! She even took the pot more than once. What fun that was for all of us and her.

They celebrated my birthday also. I was surprised with gifts from all of them! Then of course we did our Christmas gift exchange too. We will not be going back over the mountain pass before Christmas so we did it then.

The mountain pass was fine. Only a little compact snow and ice. We had no problems going over nor coming back. We did, however, run into a
lot of thick fog in Eastern Washington coming home . That is what was treacherous for driving conditions. Before we ran into the fog situation we were able to see a herd of Mule deer cross the road one by one in front of us! How neat that was! There must have been a dozen of them. Our camera was packed so we did not get any pictures though.

We saw a few more deer on the trip also. The Mule deer travel in herds. Unlike the white tail deer. That is really different for deer to travel in a herd. I had thought that only Elk did that. I learned something new there.

Got my picture taken with Ron's Mother. Here we are!



Ron's Mother and me

© Copyright 2007 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551390-Rons-Mother-and-me