*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553019-Gen-III-Lesson-9-comedy
by IdaLin
Rated: ASR · Book · Educational · #1322799
This is a home for my lessons for the A-1 Academy.
#553019 added December 11, 2007 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
Gen III: Lesson 9: comedy
Spooktackular Folly

Spook likes to go in and out of the house as she pleases. One of the ways she does this is through a hole in the storm door's screen above its bottom panel. She put this hole in the screen in the first place so she naturally assumes it is her divine right to use it as a kitty door. This is further evidenced by the white hair that clings to the opening and her cat-centric attitude regarding the door when the inside door is shut.

One afternoon in the spring, a friend was helping me to do some cleaning. She had shut the window on the storm door to wash it and then we hadn't paid any attention to it. Spook decided she wanted to go out. She tried to hop through the opening as she usually did, and to her shock and cat-horror, she went Splat! against the window. She was mad to say the least, tail-twitching and for all the world trying to look like nothing had happened, or at least to act like she had meant to do that. My friend and I broke up into hysterical laughter. I opened the window. Spook gave me look of disgust, and then jumped through as usual.

The next day, I was sitting in a chair watching television and I watched Spook walk over to the storm door, stand up on her haunches and tap at the window twice with her paw. She felt the window and looked offended and went to the back door. The next day I opened the window. She went through the paw-tapping routine again, and feeling only screen, she went ahead and hopped through. Apparently, I must have one smart cat.




IdaLin
** Image ID #1250565 Unavailable **
218143218143
© Copyright 2007 IdaLin (UN: conniefs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IdaLin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553019-Gen-III-Lesson-9-comedy