*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553441-Baltimore-Ravens
Rated: E · Book · Family · #1271579
Just as random as random can get.
#553441 added December 4, 2007 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
Baltimore Ravens
Did anybody see the football game Monday Night?

The Baltimore Ravens versus the undefeated Patriots.

The Ravens came out strong! They looked determined! They looked hungry! They looked intense, extreme, and emotional. The list could go on and on. They were heated, impassioned, spirited and unrestrained. (Well, you get the point)

The thought of: "this could be the first loss of the season for the Patriots" was starting to become a reality.

The score was 10-10 going into halftime.

Fast forward to the fourth quarter...this is when it really got exciting!

Right after the two minute warning, Tom Brady switched to the no huddle offense. (This is the first time I actually seen him hustle all season long.) He is driving down the field, but he is postponed by a couple of penalties, like offsides and false start.

Then, one of the most shocking things of the game: Patriots had 4th and something. If they get the first down, then they are still in the game. If they don't, then Ravens have a chance of scoring again or at least running out the clock some more. The feeling in the stadium and most living rooms across America was this: if Patriots do not get this first down, then the game is over. "Set, Hike! Handoff...up the middle. Ravens stop him! But wait...the Ravens head coach called timeout from the sidelines right before Brady hiked the ball! Patriots will get that down over again!" (Ravens' defense was furious with the head coach for doing that. That has been their complaint all season long. That the defense is doing their job consistently, but the offense and the coaching staff keep screwing up.)

Next down, "Brady draws back to pass. No one open! Brady runs, passes the line of scrimmage. First down!"

A couple of plays later, Brady throws to the end zone, his wide receiver drops the ball, but the defense is called for pass interference....Then Patriots score....then kickoff...then Ravens get some major penalties called on them, like unsportsmanlike conduct. (The referee threw a flag for something and one of the Raven players got angry, picked up the flag and heaved it toward the crowd...LOL)

Well, to make a long story short...Patriots are still undefeated as of Tuesday morning.

The final score was 27-24.

© Copyright 2007 Stephen Prince (UN: mwgifts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stephen Prince has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553441-Baltimore-Ravens