*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554402-Holiday-party
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#554402 added December 10, 2007 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
Holiday party!
This year's party was fabulous!  More than one person thought it was the best one yet.  It was certainly the largest - we had 40 people!  Including one of my very best friends who flew in from Western PA to be here!  It was very disappointing that my mom wasn't able to be here for it, but it turns out she made the right decision to stay at home.  (see previous entry) 

It was a bit of a different feel - this house is set up very differently from our old house.  In previous years, everyone congregated in our large country kitchen, with the food on the center island and kitchen table.  In this house . . . the kitchen isn't as large (not eat-in, though still very spacious and ergonomic) and has more of a peninsula than an island.  It was odd to be all alone in the kitchen, pulling trays of hors d'oeuvres out of the oven while everyone congregated in the dining room.  I also didn't have my other best friend, mdbank there to help me with the oven stuff.  That was a bummer.  Well, it was a bummer that he wasn't able to be there, at all.  But I suppose his father's birthday party takes precedence. *sighs* . . . *Wink*  He doesn't have anything in his port yet . . . go hassle him to get cracking! *Laugh*

All of Bob's siblings drove down for the party, which was really wonderful. 

It was also our longest lasting party - the last person didn't leave until close to 11.  Bob was about to topple over, and finally said "I need to go upstairs and get changed and lay down."  That did the trick! *Laugh*  My friend and I stayed up way, WAY too late, talking.  She took tons of pictures, so hopefully I'll soon have some to share.

From Santa's Melted Friends

© Copyright 2007 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554402-Holiday-party