*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554497-WT-2-Lesson-11-How-to-Keep-Writing
by IdaLin
Rated: ASR · Book · Educational · #1322799
This is a home for my lessons for the A-1 Academy.
#554497 added December 11, 2007 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
WT 2: Lesson 11, How to Keep Writing
How will I keep writing? The answer to that is almost as simple as the answer to "How will I keep breathing?" I will write. It may not be good writing, or purposeful writing, or even interesting writing, but I will write, if only in my blog. Now that I've found this place to write and rekindled the desire to write that I have damped down since childhood, I can't just turn it off.

I will enter contests, and I'll review others' works. I may even be compelled to join the masses who dive into the fray of novel-ing in the NaNoWriMo of November. Of course, that idea still frightens me a bit. I will write good stories and not so good stories, but I will learn something from both. And if I can get beyond fear (of what I'm not sure, I think it's a phobia). I may get my courage up enough to submit something of my writing to be published.

As for reading, that is a given. If I can't read, my world is not right. I own hundreds of books, and I finally got a library card this year because I'm broke. What I intend to read I am not certain. It usually depends on the mood that strikes me and what I happen to see on the shelf. I am sure I will read many more than five books this year, but the ones I have my eye on in the immediate future are The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass as any literature that is questioned as anti-religion, (although I am not, myself, anti-religion) is something I will probably enjoy, although I will probably not get the same message from reading it. I am also looking for Terry Pratchett books as he is my current author of favor since I read The Hogfather and Thud! recently.

So I will write, and I will read, and I may even take another class either here on WDC, or maybe even out in the real world. Now that writing has become a part of my life, I will not easily let it go. I think I will be writing for a long time to come.

IdaLin

© Copyright 2007 IdaLin (UN: conniefs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IdaLin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/554497-WT-2-Lesson-11-How-to-Keep-Writing