*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557246-Silent-Night
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#557246 added May 8, 2014 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Silent Night
I find myself in a very unusual situation this evening. All alone and in charge of the remote. No, don't be silly, of course hubby hasn't gone out. I may believe in miracles but there is a limit. Nope, he woke up this morning with the bug from hell I had last Monday, though of course his is the male version and ten times worse. *Pthb* He certainly didn't catch it from me however as there's been far too big a time gap for that. In fact, I suspect it may just be a case of over indulgence but you won't tell him I said that will you?

I have said at times my hubby is made of Teflon as he's so rarely ill or prone to bugs. Out of 365 days he has to choose the most inconvenient one to prove me wrong.*Pthb* My stepdaughter and family were due to join us and Paul's family for the day and I'd prepared an extensive buffet. With the risk of her twins catching the bug we had to cancel; disappointing all round and leaving us to live on finger food for the next week I suspect.

So, I've spent the day with Paul, Mey Ling and Angel who stayed over last night and running up and down stairs with five hundred glasses of lemonade and ice. No doubt he'll be fully recovered by tomorrow, but tonight I think I may just stay up late with an extra glass or ten and watch a DVD. What a rare luxury.

It was indeed a much pleasanter Humbug Day than last year. Relaxed with much laughter and the unaffected antics only a young child can bring to a family. Angel was an absolute delight all day, never cried once, ate everything in front of her and slept right through. Hubby had too much wine and went to bed, shortly followed by a weary Mey Ling, leaving Paul and I to sit up as late as we liked chatting over a bottle of Baileys. Quite like old times and you know, despite the traumas of the last year, he's still my lad and I just hope everything is going to work out for him.

I promise not to become a baby bore, but some did ask. Here she is enjoying her first Western Christmas. Now we have her in our midst, I pray nothing happens to take her away. Maybe it's true that sometimes Angels are sent to us for a reason.







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557246-Silent-Night