*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557744-Friends-Family-and-Fathers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#557744 added December 30, 2007 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Friends, Family and Fathers
Tonight was the family holiday gathering. I will admit that I had more fun this year than last, which is always a good thing. I believe that was due in part to the new additions, especially my brother's girlfriend. Kelly is great, very friendly, and warm, just the type of person I can relate to.

My father usually starts off reading something profound before we pray and tear into the food, and this year, even though I knew what he was going use, I was still somehow taken off guard. Having the words that I had written, read aloud for everyone to hear...well, it was amazing. The fact that he chose to use something I had written in my BLOG of all places brings tears to my eyes.

You have to understand that he is not my biological father, but honestly, it doesn't matter. This man came into my mother's life and took me in as his own without ever treating me like I was an outsider. He is the most wonderful man, aside from my husband and grandfather, that I have ever met. My mother's prayers were answered the day he walked back into her life, and I know that because of him, I am the woman I am today. He gives that much, without ever asking for something in return.

I know that you check my blog, so here's to you Dad. May you always be surrounded by the love of family and friends. May you find joy in the simplest of things. May your hopes and dreams for you children and grandchildren be reached. May you find comfort in the fact that we're a family--all of us--Joe, Barb, Theresa, Joey, Michelle and Mike. May you know that I am proud to call you father. And may you always remember how very much I love you!

T

© Copyright 2007 Purple Princess (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Princess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557744-Friends-Family-and-Fathers