*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557938-Ring-Out-the-Old---Number-3
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#557938 added January 1, 2008 at 7:00am
Restrictions: None
Ring Out the Old - Number 3
This will be my third New Year's Eve as a member of Blogville at WDC. Not that I will be celebrating it in any special way or treating it any differently to other evenings. Humbug and a party at home last Saturday have been quite enough and I'm ready for some semblance of normality to resume.

Neither will I be making any resolutions or life-altering plans, for tomorrow is just another day. Forgive my bland and unenthusiastic approach to what many consider an exciting time. As with Humbug I find New Year's Eve a rather false celebration and the future year ahead something I'd rather not ponder about for too long.

However, I am thankful for the last three New Year's Eves I've been granted, both as a human being (of sorts) and as a WDC blogger.(of sorts) I ask nothing of the New Year but the ability to cope with whatever life throws my way. I have had my fair share of worries and disappointments over this period of time, many as yet unresolved and things I hoped may lighten the load a little, have sadly come to nothing.

But again, I'm thankful to have survived them and thankful to the people in my life, online and off who have helped. I wish you all a relaxing, healthy start to the new year and the opportunity to enjoy each day as it comes.

On the subject of being grateful I'd like to say a few personal 'thank you's.' To silversara for the delightful package of Humbug goodies and to all who sent me cards either via snail mail or internet. To lethomson for the merit badge and gift points. To Voxxylady and an anonymous reader who donated very generously to The Blogville News fund.

On that subject I hope some of you will find time to read, review and rate the items linked in the Editor's Picks in the Newsletter - a little bird tells me not much comeback has been received as yet.

Also I hope you'll spare a minute to send special thoughts to David McClain at this very worrying time in his life and also drop by Anyea 's group.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1368123 by Not Available.


Okay, that's me done. Time for my last cup of tea of 2007. Something stronger for later no doubt. Despite not celebrating I'll definitely be staying up until after midnight. Not to welcome the new year in , but to make sure this last one b*****s off completely. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557938-Ring-Out-the-Old---Number-3