*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/558579-What-happened-to-the-Postwar-Dream
Rated: 18+ · Book · None · #488496
Only rule you must follow if you know me: You can't get mad at me for what I write.
#558579 added January 3, 2008 at 12:56am
Restrictions: None
What happened to the Postwar Dream?
Oh Maggie, Maggie what did we do?

Good song, good album actually. Pink Floyd - The Final Cut.

Well, New Years was a wonderful time. Aside from my mission with Margie not going anywhere, it was still a good time. My main point of the night was to try and talk to Margie about us. Not as us being a couple or anything, I don't think either of us is ready for that. We need to focus on saving ourselves before we can focus on someone else.

I took a major step today by asking Corinne for the pendant I gave her back. I believe it's a small thing to ask. It's the only thing that I've given her that's irreplacable. The memories with that pendant can't be replaced by anything, I've had it for nearly half my life. I told myself I would give that pendant to my one true love. Now if that one true love goes and breaks my heart...then that's when I need that pendant back to try again. It signifies the love I had for her. Now with it all fleeting away, she is not deserving of it. It's not like I'm asking for the $250 camera I got for her. It's not like all the other jewelry which totals in the thousands. It's not like the countless dinners I've paid for. This is a $5.95 pendant plus tax that I got for my true love when I was 12. The pendant means more to me than it ever will no matter who I give it to. I'm not even sure I could give it away again for fear of what might happen to it. It's my heart in that pendant, and I really don't want it to leave me anymore.

Getting back on happier stories, goddamn this album (...you never hear their standard issue, kicking in the door...) New Year's went well except for the fact Margie gave me a cold shoulder quite a few times. I've been meaning to talk to her about it, but the timing is never right.

At the end of this night, things have just become ridiculous:
Margie told Sills she doesn't hate me, so I assume she's still in the picture, I'll still have to have a talk with her.
Jenny Bustin and I have a date on Friday. Imagine that, a perfect 10 going on a date...with me? If anything good happens on this date, I think it is safe to say I am the envy of all mankind.
AJ has finally written back to me. Thank freakin' god. I thought I was out of the picture for some reason, but this works out pretty well. I would've loved to talk to her a few days ago since I had yesterday and today off from work, but no matter. We're planning on meeting up for drinks in a few days time.

At the begining of the day, there was none. Now I have three. I like my odds.

© Copyright 2008 MajikRobot (UN: majikrobot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MajikRobot has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/558579-What-happened-to-the-Postwar-Dream