*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559047-NYR-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#559047 added January 5, 2008 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
NYR List
My mom says she read a book where you should get up straight away and blog. First thing. No teeth brushing, no breakfast eating, no coffee drinking.

“Mom!” only I had dragged the word out. No coffee drinking? My muse would surely go on strike.

If I remember correctly, she said I should write three pages of material. Any material. Random thoughts with no transition were perfectly acceptable.

Even though it’s on my NYR list, I’ve yet to attempt the project. Right now, I’m focusing on getting my 8 in the morning – an exercise thing I read a book on. Although, I’m doing my own version of the program; one I think I’ll be able to adhere to.

Once I’m in the habit of my 8AM step aerobics routine, I’ll venture out and add write ONE page of randomness, then two, then three. You know, baby steps.

What are the things on my NYR list this year? I’m gunho. I have, in the past, bagged the idea completely but ever since NaNoWriMo, I’m all about going after the things I want soo here goes.

There’s a More List and a Less List and they go like this;

More – smiles, hugs, laughing, complimenting, exercising, writing, reading, tennis and hiking.
Less – complaining, whining, bitching – which is a stronger form of complaining,

Each has a sub list and I’ll discuss the writing one now.

First, I want to branch out with the publications i currently submit to – Racquet Sports Industry and Georgia Parks and Rec. (non-fiction here)

Second, I want to get into fiction writing. NaNoWriMo was a blast. And I’m working on a small project with a friend of mine which is fun and creative. I want to finish my novel – as in it’s ready to submit for publication form. Or close to thereabouts whatever – you get the idea.

Third, poetry…I haven’t written one in a while. I may enter a few contests on writing.com just to get back in the groove.

I’m off to tackle some house cleaning and bird cage cleaning and novel revision thinking.

© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559047-NYR-List