*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559441-Free-Thought-and-Fiction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Foreign · #1096405
My thoughts on what's going on
#559441 added January 7, 2008 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
Free Thought and Fiction
Isn't it strange that The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman has been so roundly criticised in the Christian Media. Having just seen the Film at my local Cinema, I now wish to read the books in his series it was taken from. Yes, I can see the Magisterium is Catholic and critical of the church in that way. Good reason to be critical, after all the Catholic Church has made some serious mistakes in the past, keeping those errors hidden will not result in progress for them or the rest of the world.

Surely fiction can cover such topics without such censorship from the religious. They should be concerned with writings that tell the truth in the non-Fiction field. A work of fiction is just that, untrue, relative and only a commentary. All the other good attributes of fighting against the odds, heroism and honesty were portrayed well, lesson can be gleaned, distrusting the established Church is perhaps a good thing.What ay ye?


© Copyright 2008 Amunhotep (UN: amunhotep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amunhotep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559441-Free-Thought-and-Fiction