*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559444-1---Early-Morning-Run
Rated: 13+ · Book · Detective · #1346267
A murder mystery set in the early 1980's complicated by numerous vested interests.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#559444 added January 21, 2008 at 3:46am
Restrictions: None
1. - Early Morning Run
Charles was woken as usual these days after months of early shift awake 5 minutes before the alarm. A facility he thought unnecessary and annoying. He yawned and got out of bed and got ready for the day. Still dark outside he quickly had a shower etc., ate a small cereal breakfast (coco pops) and got into his uniform. All this took about half an hour, and he stepped out into the cold winter morning fog at 3.50am exactly. The fog made things quiet as he made his way up Glenferrie Road to the Malvern depot hidden behind the shops at Coldblo Road. A block the old Melbourne and Metropolitan Tramways Board had owned since they took over operations of a private tramways system in the late 20's.

The first car had already left off seven road in the new shed. This is the only High Street Tram to turn left at Malvern Town Hall towards the City, instead of the usual right turn to the Burke Road Terminus. As it rattled and sparked out the depot, Charles had turned the corner and made his way straight to the Depot Starters office where he signed on.

Good morning Jim, said Charles. A grunt came from behind the sign on book. Charles smiled and made his way to the route board to find which tram and where it was and to pick up his run card. Charles knew that there were problems associated with keeping the trams out on time so he didn't worry Jim about his attitude.

Four Road was were 921 was birthed his charge for the day, and it was right down the end of the shed with only the ancient cable trams behind it, two single truck electric cars were collecting cobwebs, bird droppings, and dust fro the last 50 years.
© Copyright 2008 Amunhotep (UN: amunhotep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amunhotep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559444-1---Early-Morning-Run