*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559776-The-aliens-nearly-stole-my-dingo-clones
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1348678
City to Aussie outback without a learner's manual - a ute and dogs blog
#559776 added January 13, 2008 at 11:34pm
Restrictions: None
The aliens nearly stole my dingo clones
Good moaning ... second coffee and I'm beginning to function. One more and I could be dangerously inclined to do some work. Another long drive yesterday to the Big Smoke city for a meeting - then the long drive home. I don't know why but the drive always seems longer on the way back.

Today, I opened my WDC email to find some lovely comments. I am still staggered by the kindness of people. I feel humbled by the whole WDC thing - there are some amazing writers, editors and poets in here and they stop their publishable work for a while to call by my little blog and say hello. How amazing is that?

It has been raining - thank goodness. We need rain. Our white Maltese puppies are now covered in mud. They looked dingo-like with their mudded coats plastered to their whippet like skins. New husband who isn't domestically inclined, as you gathered from my blogs, still likes cleanliness and order. However, cleaning to him is to ensure a dust free line of sight to the big screen TV. His idea of order is that the remote controls are all lined up. This practice, he tells me, ensures his favourite sports team wins what ever match he watches. Personally, I think either the Aliens finally probed him or it's just an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder thingy. I digress.

We keep the puppies in the laundry. I use a wooden baby gate to keep them there but so they can see us in the kitchen. This morning at 5.15am, they were both hanging over the baby gate covered in mud. They were wet, bedraggled and earthy. New husband walked past and stopped as they excitedly tried to get his attention. He thoughtfully looked at their muddy faces over his wire glasses. I asked him what was wrong and after a few minutes he said "Red, should we return them and get chocolate coloured ones?"  " Whhaaaaat?"  I gasped ready to hide them till he came to his senses. " Well," he reasoned, "the white ones show the dirt too much."  "NO, NO,  we cannot." I was emphatic as I whacked him with a rolled up newspaper. We didn't return our respective children because they were messy and we won't be returning our two puppy boys. He scurried off to get ready for work. Really! humpf!

Till next time, keep dry and sane.
Cheers
Red

 


© Copyright 2008 MsRedWriting (UN: msred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MsRedWriting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559776-The-aliens-nearly-stole-my-dingo-clones