*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560886-Dances-with-city-wolves---another-story-for-the-obituary
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1348678
City to Aussie outback without a learner's manual - a ute and dogs blog
#560886 added January 14, 2008 at 12:34am
Restrictions: None
Dances with city wolves - another story for the obituary
Today I discovered the comment part of the blogs below. I didn't realise till now.  Sorry to all the lovely people who took the time to leave a comment. Duh. I've given myself a forehead slap and I'm on the ball now. Nope, you can't have that in writing *Smile*

Just to show you I have conversation about something other than the weather, today I went to the local township. A meander and looksee .. nothing major to do. Ok. ok... my forgetfulness had the rent go to the wrong agent's account...but I fixed it up; oh and the lost mail key turned up .. I must pin it to my knickers like my mum told me; and yes, I remembered new husband's blood pressure tablets. If he keeps on-line gaming with the young ones, I suspect he'll be going through a fair few of them.

I feel old today... probably because I am. Today, I was looking in a real estate window when an sales woman raced out and sidled up along side me like my new best friend. "Just looking" I trilled. Not taking 'Just looking' as a valid excuse for frequenting she started making small talk. I stepped to the side. My personal space had a case of the screaming claustrophobias when my fear of intimacy kicked in. I paced again. She matched me move for move. The dance of the saleswoman. During this time, after eyeing me up and down (not far to scan  5'2''), her eyes met mine. She squinted and screwed up her nose. "You know", she began, " women of OUR age crave security..." I was hoping she wasn't proposing because I was out of there. Three husbands, two kids, two puppies, and that incident in '99 with the 'fluffy duck' is as complicated as I want my life to get. I don't think anymore would fit into my obituary. I shrugged and held my breath. She continued.." We need bricks and mortar .. roots... trees, open spaces."  Ahhhhhhh, ..I exclaimed, as if I'd been raised in dark cities by wolves. Suddenly,  the country parafin lamp lit up. "You mean, buying a house.."  She rapidly clapped her hands together with the excitement of a child being offered a free puppy. "Err, no, sorry. I'm here for the ambiance" (and a breather from the rent receipt stuff-up). I often hang around looking in shop windows, it makes me feel thinner".. the joke didn't work. "Well, have a nice day", she cooed coolly running back inside like her insurance was expiring. Umm... Nice day? It's bucketing down... but, then, I wasn't going to mention the weather was I?. Sighh.
 
May all your chooks turn into doves.
Regards
Red

Writing.Com Signature Image for Upgraded Registered Authors!

© Copyright 2008 MsRedWriting (UN: msred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MsRedWriting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560886-Dances-with-city-wolves---another-story-for-the-obituary