*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563386-Its-damn-cold-so-shut-the-friggin-door
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#563386 added February 2, 2008 at 6:47pm
Restrictions: None
It's damn cold, so shut the friggin door!
Man walks in, leaves the door open, smiles, drops his bag on the ground, ready to pick up his car. Ok, I get it, a customer ready to pay and remove their vehicle from the lot. Great!*Smile* Hubby goes outside to start the car, but of course this is now three days later, and the battery is dead. Customer follows to stand over his shoulder and watch-leaving the door open. I have now gotten up off my chair-TWICE-to close the door.

You'd think that when he came back in, that he would realize that the door wasn't closed when he went out. He comes in, and voila, closes the door. *Bigsmile* Great, he's got the idea. So, hubby heads back out to try and jump his car, customer goes out the door...........leaving it open. I wait a sec, thinking he's just gonna come right back inside, but no, of course not. I close the door.

To make a long story short *Wink*. I know, I know, too late. This goes on for 30 minutes, and at least 10 times I have gotten up to close the friggin door.

It's cold, and I'm not talking, 40's or 30's. It's 5 degrees outside, and once the wind kicks in , well, I don't even want to think of it.

Needless to say, the car doesn't leave the garage tonight. I get the pleasure of driving the customer back to work to pick up the car he drove to work in. Ok, it's part of the job, and at this point it's 5 pm, so I think it's good, I can head home afterward. On the drive to Ford's, the chatterbox begins.

"It's really cold today," says the man wearing a spring jacket.
I favor him with a glance, and think Ya think???? "Yes it is."

Then I get to hear how it's cold, for the next ten minutes. Like tell me something I don't know. And why did you feel the need to go out, into said cold, and hover, every two minutes while hubby was trying to get your car (that you were supposed to pick up TUESDAY) if it's so cold.

Then we get the new topic of discussion. "New cars are not expensive," he says. And I am shocked, I mean, last I saw, you could easily spend 30k on a really nice car, and hey, that ain't nothing. I'm spoiled. Never had a new car......EVER....in my life. We do the USED thing very well. But, I admit to being spoiled. I have power locks, power windows, AC, CD player, and all the parts are free, chargable to the garage since I am the gopher.

Lucky me, I know.

So here's my point, (took me long enough, didn't it *Wink*) If it's cold, which it is, wear the appropriate clothing. If cars are so cheap to buy brand new, then why are you fixing a 15 year old vehicle, only to bitch about the fact that it won't run? And by the way........just in case anyone was wondering. It is not normal to have a dead battery every three days. I don't care how old your car is. If the battery is old, and it gets cold outside, guess what. It's not gonna start!

And that's the truth! And my opinion!*Cool*

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563386-Its-damn-cold-so-shut-the-friggin-door