*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563605-Normal-day-eh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#563605 added January 26, 2008 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Normal day, eh.
Well, there is nothing exciting to report on this cold, snowy, January day. So that's a good thing, right. The boys went with Grandpa for the afternoon to see a movie, and I cleaned the house and did some laundry. Ah, typical Saturday.

Hubby called from work, and told me of his friend who became instantly jealous about our new purchase. I never understood why people just can't be happy for you. What is up with that? We bought a car. A used car. Wow! Big damn deal. I gave hubby the ultimatum. I was so tired of owning one vehilce for the past eight months. Let's face it, if it's a two parent household, you have to have two cars.

So his friend, the one with all the money, the one who doesn't mind flashing it around, and is constantly buying some new, was green with envy. This only pisses me off. How many times have I gone over there, and ooed and ahhed over their new items? So many times I can't remember. If you are truly a friend, then you should be happy for us. But, no, it's apparently impossible.

So this is what I've decided to do. Nothing. I mean it. The next time the flashy braggart and his wife show up to show off, I will remain unimpressed. I won't smile, I won't say congrats, and I sure as well won't let them think even for a minute that I am impressed by what they bought.

I feel so much better now that I've gotten that off my chest. *Wink*

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563605-Normal-day-eh