*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563507-12608
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#563507 added January 26, 2008 at 9:36am
Restrictions: None
1/26/08
I know, it's been forever since I've blogged. I'm doing well, just kinda busy. Several weeks ago, one of my coworkers was hosting a 65th wedding anniversary party for her parents and invited me to come. Another coworker was requested to sing, and since I like to sing too, I wanted to hear her and when she asked me to come and help her set up her equipment, I just couldn't say no.

It was great! She sang very well. There was also a small band there who played a lot of the old southern gospel songs that I love. They asked my friend to sing their closing song, Amazing Grace, with them. As they were singing, I was standing off stage singing the high tenor part with them The band leader pointed to me and gestured me to come onstage with them!!! So, I joined them!!! It was great!!!

After it was over, and we were packing up, the band leader came up to me and complimented me on my singing. He then said he has a gospel band that was doing a New Year's Eve watchnight service at his church, and he invited me to go hear them.

side note: If you remember, a few blogs back, I had mentioned that I was really missing not being in church, and was praying that God would lead me to the church that He wanted me to be at.

I went to the watchnight service, and they sang so many songs that I love so much. I had a wonderful time, and the people there were so sweet and loving. They weren't pushy and in my face like some do, and they didn't completely ignore me either. It was really what I was looking for.

I went to the next Sunday morning service and once again, really enjoyed myself. I called my mom and explained to her that I had been privately praying for a church, and what had happened. Momma said that it sounded like God has done His part and now I needed to do mine. She was so right.

My only hesitation was that this church was a different denomination that I'm accustomed to. According to my dad, if it's not a church of the denomination that he likes, then to him, it's not really church. I told momma that I didn't really care if the church denomination was The Church of the Three-Eyed Billygoat. I wanted to go where I was welcome and where God showed up. This one works for me!!!

So, I've been attending there ever since, and I love it so much. It's a very small congregation. If they have 25 people show up for worship, they'd consider that a lot. But the people they have are so sweet and so loving, I don't care.

Last week, before the service, the man who was in the band asked me if I would sing with him during the service. We did a couple quick run throughs, and sang What a Day That Will Be. Everyone was so blessed by it, including me. A couple people mentioned that they want me as their song leader. There was a question raised if I should do that or not, because I'm not an official member there. I told them that whatever they decide was fine with me. I don't want to "take over" or cause anyone any problems.

I got a call this week from the lady that leads the worship service. She told me that they had a Board Meeting this week and voted unamiously to allow me to be on their Praise Team even if I'm not an official member as of yet. I was so honored!!!

Also, this week I had a follow up appointment with my surgeon. Last month when I was there, he told me that I could expect to continue being in a cast until March or early April, because the bone in my arm was healing, but very slowly. Since I've been in and out of a cast for almost 2 years now, I didn't consider a couple months more a big deal. I just want my arm to heal, and was happy that it was.

So I go to my appointment, and get the exrays and wait for the doc. The doc comes in and told me that there was significant improvement since my last exrays, to the point that I could come out of the cast and go into a brace!!! WHoooooHoooooo!!!!
I was so happy, I about started to cry! Now, I'm working to get my flexibility back, because my arm has been in a cast for so long.

Joseph had a huge opportunity this week as well. The 5th grade took a field trip to a local camp. They spent 3 days and 2 nights there. I was so concerned that he'd have a bad autistic episode and I would have to come get him. He didn't!!! He had a great time!!! I was very proud of him.

They returned yesterday, so I left work at noon to go meet the buses when they came back and spend the afternoon with Joe. After we left the school, we went to a local car shop because I needed to get my oil changed and transmission serviced. While we were waiting, I got to hear all about what Joe did at camp. After that, we drove into town where his dad met us to pick up Joe for his overnight with his dad. I went and got my haircut, then went to the church to meet with the song leader to go over the songs for this weekend.

We ended up being there for over 2 hours singing, sharing and praying. It was very sweet, and there was such a spirit of love there. I then left the church and headed to the grocery store. I needed to pick up a few things, because before I pick up Joe tonight, I'm going to pick up my nephew who is going to be sleeping over tonight with Joe. My nephew is a big snacker, so I wanted to have a variety of healthy snacks on hand for him.

After that, I went to my neighborlady's house. We had planned for me to come there and visit with her and have coffee. I love my neighborlady. She's in her 70's and was in a band for several years herself, and is an awesome pianist. I shared with her all that had happened, and then we went into her music room and sang and played some more music. I didn't get home last night until almost midnight, which is late for me.

It took me a long time to unwind from the day and go to sleep. Today, I'm sitting here in my jammies having my coffee. I need to do my house work after I take my shower. This evening, I'll pick up Joe and my nephew, then come back and pick up my neighborlady, and go to a benefit concert that the gospel band is going to be playing at. It's for a young girl in a hospital in Miami who is having some severe medical issues and they need help with their medical expenses. I'm looking forward to another night of good music. Tomorrow, there's church service, then returning my nephew to my sister's home.

It's been a few exciting weeks here for me. A lot of good things have happened, and I look forward to many good things to come.

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls





© Copyright 2008 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563507-12608