*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564248-12907
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#564248 added January 29, 2008 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
1/29/07
I got a call from a lady, said she was doing a survey for my health insurance carrier. I could hardly understand what she said. I detected a strong asian accent. I used to work for a college professor from India, and got very proficient at understanding that dialect. I couldn't pinpoint the ethnicity of this person, all I knew was that she was very hard to understand. She kept saying she wanted to talk to my about my chat. I didn't know what she meant by my chat. Finally I got it...she was saying "my child."

I told her that it was very hard to understand what she was saying. She said that she was from Texas. I have talked with many people from the big T and have never had problems understanding them. I didn't really believe she was calling from there, so I let her go on.

Her first question was who my son's primary care physician was. I told her that if she was calling for my insurance company, then she should know who my son's PCP was. I then told her that I'd be happy to answer general questions about care, but I was not going to give her any of my personal information.

She then said that she wasn't asking for MY personal information, but about my son. I told her I wouldn't give her any of his personal information either. She said, "Well, you can decline. Have a nice evening."

What the heck???? Nice try, moron.

© Copyright 2008 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564248-12907