*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564225-Crappy-Drivers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#564225 added February 2, 2008 at 6:53pm
Restrictions: None
Crappy Drivers
Just driving down the street is hazzardous to your health. During rush hour - with all the crazy Ford employees heading home- I had the pleasure of drivng down the Southfield Freeway. Three lanes, Theresa's in the middle, pretty safe place to be right? Until the jag off in the left lane decides it's time to switch to the center lane, without even bothering to check to see if someone might happen to be in the center lane.

I hit the brakes, nailed the horn -that grabbed his attention- because I can't go into the right lane for safety, someone is already there. So the same jag off, cranks the wheel so far over to get out of the center lane, he nearly misses colliding with the cement barrier. Of course I stay far behind, dropping my speed to 10 mph UNDER the speed limit. I like my car, I'm no fool. No way do I want to be in front of, or next to that idiot.

So I know that my exit onto I-96 is about two to three miles ahead, and that said exit is a nightmare, expeically at that time of day. I jump into the right lane, knowing that we will crawl between 20 mph to 5 and back to 20 until the exit. Just as we approach the exit, and I think, "Not too bad today." A line of brake lights flood the dreary day. I hit the brake, slowing down quickly because traffic seems to have stopped. Well when fifty cars remember that their exit is going to pass them by unless they shove their vehicles into the right lane, what can you expect.

So my lovely Toyota Camry, red, jamming the ipod Nano, slows to 40....30....and I just happen to check the rearview mirror, wondering about the guy behind me, when BLAM out of nowhere, some stupid, f-er careens from the left lane to the right, directly behind me. I'm still slowing down, and now I not only have to watch in front of me, but behnd as the tires start screeching behind me, I brace myself for the impact. There is no where for me to go, well, there's the cement wall, which is a definite no.

By the grace of God, or some ultimate being, or just the fact that it wasn't in the cards, the cars in front of me begin to move forward quicker, I hit the gas pedal, and just manage to save my ass.

Needless to say, I was so shaken up when I reached my destination, that I had to spend five minutes in the car gearing up for the drive home.

Life if precious. Be aware of your surroundings, especially on the roads, people. I honestly don't want to be in an accident cause someone just decided to start to pay attention with the damn missile they are driving!

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564225-Crappy-Drivers