*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564577-Other-Delays
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#564577 added January 31, 2008 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Other Delays
The only thing I've had control over since my ankle injury has been my diet. For the most part, I'm doing good. I've been able to cut back on the amount and frequency of my attempts to sate the appetite. It helps to not give in to temptation when grocery shopping, so my shelves won't be stocked with the stuff that I could go through in a matter of hours. I'm enjoying my snack of fresh cauliflower and broccoli spears dipped in a low fat dressing. But, I still drink more soda than I should. But, not as much as I used to. And, I drink only water when we are out to eat.

The ankle is about 80 to 90% now. My toes are nearly done being black and blue. The stiffness has mostly subsided and I can apply pressure or bend without much discomfort. But to plant and pivot my foot still gives me worry, so I will wait one more week before making a slow return to basketball.

I had hoped to return to yoga this week. The kids were a bit much to get going on Tuesday and decided not to rush them or myself, skipping class one more time. Today, I didn't have a choice. My sitter's father died and she is flying to Florida for the funeral, and she won't be available all of next week either. So, I have to make other plans. Fortunately, the YMCA can watch Maddie for basketball. I don't know about Yoga, but I can trade days watching kids with my neighbor who has a boy who goes to the same sitter. So, I have options.

So, I just bide my time and wait again for my chance to return to the gym, to developing a consistent routine. I don't like the upheaval. I have my moments, but I have to stay the course if I want to succeed in the long run. Okay, time to sit on my hands again.

© Copyright 2008 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564577-Other-Delays