*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565433-Lost-the-hard-drive
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#565433 added February 4, 2008 at 6:51am
Restrictions: None
Lost the hard drive
Sadness today, well last night actually. I thought, I'm going to restore the hard drive, piece of cake, yes? No. Problems occured and things didn't go well, so the computer erased the hard drive and took me back to factory settings. *Cry* I've lost all of my work, and pictures for the last two years. The only good thing is that I have about 85% of my stuff on WDC, but there is a book that is gone, along with some short stories.

I did find that I had a few floppies in the basement.*Smile* So if anyone can answer this question and direct me to the right place, there are gp's to be had! Is there some place where you can take your floppies and have them put on a disc? It is formatted in Word 98, so I'm not sure if that's an issue, but I'd at least like to try and recover them.

Or, option two. When I copy and paste work from my port, and put it into Word 07, why can't I take the chapter titles and center them, or indent each paragraph. If this can be done, without centering the entire document, I'd love to know. Again, gp's for anyone that can save my butt!

After I take child #2 to school today, I will go directly to Target, and buy a flash drive so that this NEVER happens to me again. I can't take the stress. My writing is my life, and without it, well, it just sucks!

No where else can I take a person (yeah I know they are not real) and manipulate them to do whatever it is that I want. Don't cha just love that? *Laugh*

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565433-Lost-the-hard-drive