*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566069-No-God-Can-Ignore-Enough-Voices
Rated: XGC · Book · Biographical · #1375962
My new blog
#566069 added February 7, 2008 at 7:01am
Restrictions: None
No God Can Ignore Enough Voices.
A very quick word of prologue:

I have a friend, named Seth, who has been my best friend since kindergarten. 20+ years. He has officially transcended the title of "friend"...truthfully, he did that several years ago. He's family. He's my brother. I don't even say he's LIKE a brother to me. He IS my brother.

This past year I learned that he has liver cancer. Thus far it hasn't seemed particularly serious. I just received a message from his aunt:

"I am Seth's Aunt Holly. We met when you were much younger. Seth is in the hospital and would like me to let you know what is happening to him. It's pretty serious."

It worries me that he was apparently entirely unable to contact me himself. At the moment, it is too late to call. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what is happening. I hope to hear good news, or at the very least, not the worst news. I hope to hear that this is temporary, and he will leave the hospital. I hope to hear that he will live for quite some time to come. I hope to hear his voice again. I hope to see his face again, the next time I go back to Oregon. I hope to make him best man for my wedding, whenever that will be. I hope to hear that I will not lose my brother for a very long time. But I am very worried. I am so worried, that when I read the message from his aunt, I did something that I have only done, sincerely, twice before in my life.

I prayed. I prayed for the Great Spirit to watch over him, and help him, and give him health. Anybody who read my last blog, anybody who knows me, knows what a momentous thing that is for me, and that should give you some idea of how I'm feeling now.

And I am asking all of you (all two of you, apparently)...whatever your beliefs, whatever God you would be inclined to pray to, if you think that you can, at all, find it in you to pray, and mean it, I am asking you...please pray for my friend. Pray for my brother. Whatever mistakes he's made in his life...he's a good man. And I love him. Please, pray for him.

Thank you, and...I'll keep you posted.

© Copyright 2008 Silver is 2 to the 5th Power (UN: movieman894 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Silver is 2 to the 5th Power has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566069-No-God-Can-Ignore-Enough-Voices