*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566143-Update
Rated: XGC · Book · Biographical · #1375962
My new blog
#566143 added February 7, 2008 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
Update
Thank you guys for your support. Seth is doing alright.

The story that I heard from him is that a few weeks ago, he started getting migraines really bad. Eventually, it got bad enough that he went to the local hospital. They gave him a migraine shot and sent him on his way. About a week later he was back in the hospital. They took a spinal tap (fuckin' OW!!) and determined that he had a spinal infection. They actually had to perform brain surgery on him, and a part of his skull was so infected that they couldn't save it. He is going to have to have a plate in his head ("the bad new", he says...we both agree that as far as bad news goes, he could do a lot worse).

Yes, I did get to talk to him personally. His aunt told me a lot of the story, and told me that he's okay, he's recovering now from the surgery, is alert, and has a phone in his room, so that's when I called him. He sounds weak, and is speaking a bit slower than usual, but otherwise sounds alright.

His aunt tells me that his head is still swollen, and apparently the infection was worse than any the hospital had ever seen before. That in itself is something of a blessing in disguise, because that means he was sent to OHSU (Oregon Health & Science University) so that they could study him. Not too shabby, considering he doesn't have insurance. Unfortunately, it isn't all sunshine and roses. His aunt says that his swelling isn't going down quite as quickly as the doctors expected. I'm hoping that's not a bad thing.

So, anyway, that's the news. All in all, I am pretty relieved. Thanks for your well-wishes and prayers, and I am in much lighter spirits, now.

© Copyright 2008 Silver is 2 to the 5th Power (UN: movieman894 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Silver is 2 to the 5th Power has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566143-Update