*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566626-5-degrees--20-mph-winds--COLD
by fyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1216945
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
#566626 added February 10, 2008 at 10:37am
Restrictions: None
5 degrees + 20 mph winds = COLD
something like 20 below zero...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr



Went to a funeral yesterday. Mass was said by a gentleman whose accent was so strong, I could not recognize most of the service. The parts i did (almost) were sung by one who's voice surely was in danger of shattering the modern stained glass windows. Standing when folks should be kneeling...sitting when folks should be standing. Sigh. I remember Latin in high masses. And I understood it far better than the highly accented gobledegook spouted yesterday. How sad.

Part way through the service he came up to the widow and asked her, 'How are you doing?' How the hell did he think she was doing? And in church, could she honestly answer that? Flipping terrible thank you very much!!!! Sheesh! And the glass shattering renditions of 'How Great Thou Art' and 'The Old Rugged Cross' ruined familiar favorites, pretty much guaranteeing the congregation couldn't sing along because no one I know can sing in the key of ultra-supersonic c.'

Any the entire world knows that if you are not Catholic that you wouldn't take communion...yet the priest specifically said that if you weren't members of 'that' congregation that you couldn't...!!!!!! never minding the fact that they didn't do the 'confessions of sins, communion of saints' part first! ARGH!


The rest of the day was better except that my back was killing me. But we had fun in spite of it and I tried not to let it get in the way of everything else we wanted to do as long as we were down in that general neck of Michigan. Stupid back :( I hurt it a month ago and it STILL HURTS!!!!!! Physical therapy does NOT seem to be helping and it is SO AGGRAVATING!!!!!!


ok...I'm happily sitting here on some nice sharp cheddar cheese...goes well with all the whining! lol




© Copyright 2008 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566626-5-degrees--20-mph-winds--COLD