*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566972-Great-Expectations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#566972 added February 11, 2008 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
Great Expectations
It's "Invalid Entry, the hope for the best that keeps us going. People surprise us and we surprise ourselves. People, the rest of humanity, surprise us by doing something we don't expect. They either come through when we don't expect them to do anything or they don't come through when we expect them to. We surprise ourselves by doing things we didn't think we could do or that we're afraid to do.

The Universe is full of surprises both good and bad. Both types of surprises can change our outlook on life from the glass is half-full to the glass is half-empty or back again. The only difference between the two outlooks is perspective. One perspective leans toward the positive and the other the negative, but both are necessary for balance.

We live in a balanced Universe, even though it may not seem like it sometimes. For humans to survive physically we need climates that aren't too hot or too cold. We need a diet that contains all the essential vitamins and minerals. The same thing goes for human society we need people who have different perspectives some who look at the negative and some who look at the positive, without both outlooks society and civilization wouldn't grow or advance.

The same thing goes for the individual soul or spirit. Sometimes looking on the negative or the half-empty glass helps the soul to advance and sometimes the opposite perspective is necessary for spiritual growth. Both of these perspectives help strengthen faith, which is the soul's survival instinct.

I've gone through a half-empty glass perspective and am now turning to the half-full glass outlook. There is absolutely no difference in the amount of milk in the glass because a half-empty glass and a half-full glass has the same amount of milk in it, it's just the way one looks at the glass.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566972-Great-Expectations