*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566973-This-was-more-than-I-bargained-for
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#566973 added February 11, 2008 at 11:07pm
Restrictions: None
This was more than I bargained for
         The chiropractor thought it was a tight muscle pressing on a nerve, and so did my primary care doctor. But each morning of the past week was worse than the one before. With the meds out of my system by morning, I had no defense against the pain, and I couldn't take any until I got to work. I can't drive after taking them.
         At least at this point it was this past Saturday and I didn't have to miss work again.
         I went to the ER that afternoon.
         The outcome was one I wouldn't have thought about, and certainly not one that either Kenzie or I would have expected. What was it?
         Sacroilliitis. Yep. You got it. My form of the pain she sometimes gets when her sacroilliac pops out of joint. Only mine doesn't pop out, it just continues to get more and more irritated at the joint itself. We never gave a thought to the idea that we could both end up with the same pain. It actually has us smiling at how alike the fibro has hit the two of us. Mostly different pains, then this one comes along and really makes us a pair. *Smile*
         THe doctor gave me a steroid injection right into the joint, and a prescription for a pain pill I can use 3 times a day. Thank goodness someone found the problem. I'm already noticing a difference. Another week or so, and I should be pain free, and only have the physical therapy to finish the comeback. Thank you, Lord, for getting to the root of this before the pain got to really be too much for me.

© Copyright 2008 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566973-This-was-more-than-I-bargained-for