*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567554-I-love-you-to-my-heart--Word-Count-335
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1373619
My journal + project for my patients. Variety of items- real life, to funny happenings.
#567554 added February 15, 2008 at 7:40pm
Restrictions: None
I love you to my heart. -Word Count 335
When you were little you asked me, "How much did I love you?" My answer was the same as my Mom's words to me. My reply, "I love you to my heart."

With outstretched arms, showing you as much love as I could hold, you jumped up into my arms.

Your little golden locks hung down to your button nose, you asked. "Is love as big as the Moon?" I replied, "Bigger". You made a silly quirk of a face and flopped off the couch to land upside down, struggling to get out the words, "Is love... better then... chocolate?" I laughed, "Much better!" You flipped over standing now with a very red face, pointing at me as if you were mad, "Better then chocolate, I don't think so!"

I sat you on my lap and told you about Valentines Day, Cupid and his arrows, how we always get goodies and chocolates on that day, but Love it lasts forever.

Again your mad face is looking at me with your nose all wrinkled up, you said, "I don't want no fairy shooten me in the butt." I laughed and said. "No buddy is going to shoot you in the butt, but one day you will have a little love arrow shoot you in the heart."

Bad choice of words, as you fold to the ground, grabing your chest, with tears pouring down your precious face. I put my arms around you and listened to the sweetest words. "Mommy, can't we just get loved to our heart? I don't want no arrows there either."

As I picked you up and let you see how much love I had for you to my heart, I said, "Of course we can".

As a mother of this now 22 year old woman, I see we do get arrows in our heart, no matter how we just want love there. 

Don't let the arrows of love ruin you, the scar that is left can be erased with the Love that will always reside in you. 

Happy Valentines Day to Jessica, Joey and Matt, My Always Valentines.  Love Mom

© Copyright 2008 NurseWriter (UN: lorriern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NurseWriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567554-I-love-you-to-my-heart--Word-Count-335