*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309073-Mission-Calendar
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2309073
Written for a contest in which inanimate objects are given life. Object: Calendar
Mission Calendar

It has to be the best thing ever, to be chosen. There I was up on the wall, amidst so many to choose from, but you picked me. I wasn’t sure if you were the cute puppy type, or the hot fireman lover. My specialty is the ever-popular country scene. The peace you saw in my pictures or the little encouraging verse, displaced on each page, must have pulled you in.

I wanted you to pick me, not just because I was beautiful, but I would hold 12 months of your life in my core and I wanted to share those things important to you.

I watched as you smiled, peeling off the plastic wrap. You said, “Should I look at each month’s pictures, or let them be a surprise?” I quickly found the answer, as you fervently began filling out your years’ events and plans, trusting I would keep them safe.

It is an honor to be a silent member of this relationship. I will watch you make appointments, reach goals, celebrate, and on occasion sadly cry over a missed dream, or wrong doing by someone you thought you loved.

So much will be written, though I may not speak, know I will not miss a day that was important to you. I will celebrate each time I see you smile, like the day you unwrapped me. One year with you, is so much better than one without you.

So with that I realize my mission is short lived, but it is a mission none the less, one I am so grateful you let me be a part of.

:



© Copyright 2023 NurseWriter (lorriern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309073-Mission-Calendar